Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Last Moral Dilemma I Encountered

While unloading some groceries from a shopping cart into the trunk of a car, I discovered a pocket-sized box of pure vanilla extract that wasn’t included in my purchase. It had been indiscreetly tucked in between the grocery bags. For some reason this insignificant item had been accidentally overlooked. My initial reaction was wow I can’t believe that the alarm didn’t go off. My final reaction was well we are in a recession. As I stood in the parking pondering this dilemma, I finally resolved the issue by reasoning that Walmart needed to credit me for some things that were previously purchased but wasn’t reimbursed to me because I misplaced the receipts. I then resumed loading the bags into the car, feeling justifiably at ease about that the matter that it was an even exchange.

No comments: