Friday, May 2, 2008

My Experience on Commuter Buses.

Usually when I enter a bus, people tend to take a quick survey of me. As I continue to make my way into the bus, the first thing riders do is to look at my face to see if it is familiar to them. The female riders tend to easily observe my attire and hairdo. The male riders, some indiscreetly and others not so indiscreetly and depending on what I might have on, usually observe my physique. Mostly, the female riders radiate a standoffish behavior in my presence and the male riders, generally are more affable. If I secure a seat next to a female rider, I often times detect an air of frostiness from them as the women riders seem to be territorial than the men riders. Then again, this is to be expected when commuting in New York City.

No comments: