Friday, May 9, 2008

My Own “Kiss of Death.”

When I moved to Buffalo, NY my initial thought was that I would finally be able to gain some kind of independence from my parents and be more established into adulthood. My conceptions quickly changed as I soon discovered over the next two years of my college life that I was obviously inexperienced and unprepared to deal with the harsh realities of life. Although I my time in Buffalo was a true learning experience, I squandered all my opportunities and did not take advantage of all resources that were at my disposal. Instead within my two years in Buffalo, NY, I managed to produce a cluster of poor grades and strained relationships between roommates and friends. Now I think about it the main positive thing to happen was me dumping my loser boyfriend that I outgrew from my hometown.

No comments: